As rhubarb is a love of mine and Suzanna also grows it in her garden so it was fitting we tried out this recipe. Which by the way, is delicious and the sour cream makes the cupcake so light and fluffy and you wouldn't even know it had sour cream unless someone had told you!
Recipe adapted from Call Me Cupcake.
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Prepare a baking pan.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add butter, eggs, sour cream and vanilla and beat until smooth. Stir in chopped rhubarb.
4. Divide batter among the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes. Check with skewer before removing from the oven. Set aside on rack to cool.
5. Put rhubarb, water and sugar in saucepan and let simmer until rhubarb is soft.
6. Strain mixture into a bowl and put rhubarb pieces aside to coo. Poor liquid into saucepan and let thicken. Let it cool and then mix together rhubarb and liquid.
7. Beat butter until pale. Add icing sugar and beat until smooth and pale.
8. Add cream cheese, ginger and food coloring and beat until smooth.
9. Pipe as desired and top with poached rhubarb.